What do vegans eat? Where do they get their protein? How do vegans even live?
These are the everyday questions that we have to face.
Thankfully the internet was created to help vegans deal with such struggles and find a place where other non-animal eating compassionate humans also reside.
If it wasn’t for Twitter many of us vegans might live a lonely existence with nobody else understanding just how exciting Ben and Jerry’s vegan ice cream is or the horror at hearing of animal slaughter all around you.
Here are 19 tweets that only a vegan will understand.
1. Everyone else thinks seitan is just a mispelling for the evil dude in hell.
2. The dilemma of dairy and eggs being referenced within children’s education.
3. Your fridge sections are veg, veg, fruit, more veg and maybe some fruit.
4. Cheese dreams are still an unknown possibility.
5. That vegan Jesus Simon Amstell is just as important as, if not more than, food.
6. One of the biggest PR fails EVER by Rude Health.
7. If only everyone was tuned in to the wonders of Vegannaise.
8. Those almonds aren’t going to milk themselves.
9. They made it, we sure will eat it.
10. Rolls eyes.
11. I’ll have one of everything please.
12. There’s a reason we preface foods with ‘vegan’.
13. What is so hard to understand about the sentence ‘no cheese, please’?
14. We’re pretty reasonable people but all of the questions and comments all of the time.
15. If every vegan had £1 for every time they’ve been asked this question… we’d buy a whole load of delicious protein-based food.
16. If you see the word vegan you have to have it. Dem the rules.
17. Massive love to all creatures.
18. Sorbet is great, but it’s not ice cream.
19. Crisps, bread, even washing powder. No need.
Metro Blogs is a place for opinions. These opinions belong to the author and are not necessarily shared by Metro.