It’s hot. We’re bothered. We don’t have our very own private beach OR an inflatable swan to lounge on, and that makes us very sad.
The only way we’re going to enjoy this stupid heatwave is if we spend the majority of our days in a pool, preferably between sips of piña coladas.
Our inspiration for this glorious life plan? Dogs.
Dogs are superb at lounging in pools. They love pools. They are the epitome of all our pool goals.
The second you put a dog in its own paddling pool, it is the happiest being in the world.
1. This dog is quite clearly overjoyed by his new water home
2. While this dog is more chilled about the whole thing (but he’s really excited on the inside, promise)
3. We all want to be this dog, experiencing the truest form of joy
4. And this dog, who can’t even handle his excitement.
5. We all deserve to be as happy as this corgi in a little blue paddling pool
6. And as fulfilled as this maltipoo
7. We need to learn from these dogs
8. We all need to have our own little paddling pools
9. A paddling pool just for us to cool down in
10. We must be as prepared as Ellie
11. We must be okay with sometimes needing a little extra support
12. We must always be willing to share our pool with those who need it
13. But most of all, we must learn to use our pool as a place to chill out
15. Contemplate life
16. Accept your pool and embrace the moment
17. Remember that whenever there is a pool, you must seize the opportunity with both paws
18. Live your best pool life
19. Fall in love
20. Take joy in summer while it lasts
21. Just remember one important rule: the place to be is the pool
22. All summer long
23. Let us all be as happy and chilled as dogs in pools
The pool rules.