There’s nothing in life more heart-warming than adorable pictures of animals.
Except, perhaps, adorable pictures of animals in the snow.
Pure white snow is something that photographers love to capture and snapping wildlife frolicking in the flurries or cuddling up against the chill is enough to thaw even the coldest of hearts.
It’s the animals’ reactions to snow that makes for such brilliant imagery; some are equipped to deal with the cold and others find it a shock to the system.
From wild animals like polar bears and penguins, to domestic cats and dogs, here are 20 pictures of animals in the snow that will fill your heart with warmth.
1. This cute chick who looks like a real life Mumble
2. This polar bear family snuggling in the snow
3. This squirrel and bird having a staring contest
4. This lovely lil’ fella who loves winter adventures
5. This Rudolf who’s dancing at the thought of seeing Santa
6. This newborn harp seal smiling for the camera
7. This pup with snow on his nose
8. This tiny mouse taking a peek outside
9. This flying squirrel who jumped at just the right moment
10. These parents who have so much love for their chick
It’s Canadian thanksgiving today. I want to say thank you to everyone who keeps pushing towards the light. Life can be challenging, so it’s important to stay positive, be empathetic, love each other, and be patient. When you watch the news, this world seems to be falling apart. I would urge you to turn off your TV—especially today—and instead look to your neighbours, your family, friends, co-workers. These are the real people and the real world, and they are all trying their best to be better. Let’s move towards the light together, and let’s be the best version of ourselves that we can be. Happy thanksgiving, everyone. Spread some love today.
11. These happy pooches running through the snow
12. These young lovers going for a wintery stroll
13. This guilty looking chipmunk
14. This fluffy arctic fox who blends perfectly into its surroundings
15. These powerful creatures playing around
16. This baby polar bear hitching a ride
17. This photo that looks like it could be a painting
18. This sweet duo sharing a tender moment
19. This cat that doesn’t realise it’s not a dog
20. This cheeky squirrel who fancies himself the next David Bailey
One more for luck you say? Oh go on then.
Metro Blogs is a place for opinions. These opinions belong to the author and are not necessarily shared by Metro.